If you are looking short and easy trek then The Royal Trek is one of the best options for you. The Royal Trek is an easy hiking trek just around the Pokhara valley that starts near Pokhara and offers good mountain views which are named based on Prince Charles in an early eighteenth century where Prince Charles and an entourage of 90 guests, camp followers, and staff trekked here. This trip is basically recommended for beginners or those who have very limited time but yet looking for an opportunity to squeeze in an experience of a trekking holiday in the Himalaya.
The Royal Trek is one of the shortest treks that follow a shrub-like a path along the foothills of Annapurna, north of the Pokhara valley. This trek provides the opportunities for meaningful cultural experiences with the diverse mix of people and cultures that inhabit this region. This easy and enjoyable trek in the Pokhara region offers good mountain views, including Machhapuchhre( Fishtail mountain in English) and Annapurna Ranges without long trekking days or long steep ascents. This trek is ideal for those who have never tried trekking before and is suitable for families.
Starting from Kalikasthan ridge, about 25 km from scenic Pokhara, the trek passes through beautiful Gurung hamlets where little kids tuck at your sleeves for a snapshot or a coffee and as you hike the terraced farmlands your eyes behold the magnificent Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre [fishtail peak] and the Langtang mountains that give you a view of nature’s beauty at its best. The trip finally ends at the scenic Begnas Lake which is about 30 km west of Pokhara City.
This trek passes through the golden paddy field, lakes, temples, forest, and various panoramic scenes. The true picture of many villages in the lap of glacier mountain inhabitant of Gurung, Tamang, Sherpa and other different casts can’t abandon in this route. Compared to other trekking areas in Annapurna region, Royal trekking route is less crowded, so you can get more close to nature, culture, and lifestyle.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu a representative of Anu Treks will be at International Airport to welcome you with the warm greetings and then we will be guided towards the hotel room of Kathmandu. The night will be at Kathmandu discussing the trekking along with the crew members.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara From Kathmandu, we will drive towards the Pokhara. The scenic drive will go for about 8 to 9 hours through the main trail. The night will be fantastically spent at Pokhara visiting around the valley visiting the lakes and caves of Pokhara. The night will be at one of the best hotels in Pokhara.
Day 03: Pokhara to Kalikasthan From Pokhara, we will drive for about 30 minutes through the road towards the Bijayapur. Then, we will trek towards the Kalikasthan through the Brahmin and Chhetri village of the route. The trekking goes for about 3 to 4 hours through the trail. The night will be at Kalikasthan at the altitude of 1370m.
Day 04: Trek to Shaklung from Kalikasthan, we will walk towards the Shaklung viewing the best scene of the surrounding. We will pass through the Naudanda enjoying the best scene of the places through our naked eyes. We will enter the Gurung village after the short walk. The night will be at Shaklung at the altitude of 1730m above sea level. The trek will go for about 4 to 5 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Chisapani From Shaklung, we will trek towards the beautiful place of Chisapani. The trail will provide us the great opportunity of viewing the best scene through our naked eyes. The trail will continue for about 4 to 5 hours through the main trail. We can camp here for the night to view the splendid view for the next morning.
Day 06: Trek to Begnas Lake From Chisapani, we will move towards the beautiful lake of Begnas. Similarly, we will visit the Rupa Lake. After visiting for a while at these places, we will drive towards the beautiful city of Pokhara. The drive will go for about 30 minutes which will complete our objectives for the night.
Day 07: Pokhara to Kathmandu From Pokhara, we will take the returning bus back to Kathmandu which will go for about 7 to 8 hours. The scenic drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu will surely mesmerize us during the returning journey to Kathmandu. The night will be at Kathmandu enjoying with friends.
Day 08: Farewell After completing our exhilarating trekking, we will do some shopping at the local market of Kathmandu. Then, we will arrange our Packages and will move towards the airport to catch the splendid flight over to our own destination. We will surely enjoy the farewell party organized by the Nepal-Guide. We will hope for your better further journey.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with B.B on twin sharing basis
- Welcome dinner with cultural program
- All accommodation and breakfast during the trek on twin sharing basis
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paperwork and permits (ACAP, TIMS )
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu tourist coach
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
Cost Doesn’t Include
- Lunch and dinner
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs )
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara(and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
Area: Annapurna Region
Activities: Trekking & Hiking
Trip Duration: 7 Nights/8 Days
Trip Grade: Easy
Altitude: + 2000m
Accommodation: Hotels in Pokhara/Kathmandu & Local guesthouse during the trek
Meals: Bed & Breakfast
Trip Starts: Kathmandu/Pokhara/Bardia
Trek Starts: Pokhara
Trek Ends: Pokhara
Transportation: Flight/Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle
Best Season: Sept – Nov. and March-May
Trip Route: Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kalikasthan- Chisapani- Pokhara-flight to Kathmandu
Why we love this trek
- Enjoy a shrub-like path along the foothills of Annapurna, north of the Pokhara valley
- Discover the mix cultural diversity with the trek region
- Enjoy the wonderful view of the magnificent Fewa, Rupa and Begnas lake
- Close up look magnificent views of Annapurna range and mount Fishtail.
- Enjoy the geological wonders
Is this trek right for you?
- This is a very easy trek to Annapurna region with the maximum altitude 1760 m to 2000m
- Moderate physical fitness is required to complete this trek
- This is 6 days easy trekking
- You will walk 2 to 4 hours a day