Take a Tour from Kathmandu to Lumbini with an amazing road Trip
If you are going to have a short trip and tackle Nepal’s Culture and religios -then jump off for a Kathmandu and Lumbini road trip either in a private vehicle, public bus or tourist bus. We offer you a special tour for six days. Which is must cultural and religious trip to Kathmandu for a day sightseeing which is including Lord Gautama Buddha birth place Lumbini? This will tour you from Kathmandu to all the way to the birth place of Lord Buddha which is located in Lumbini. Whilist several drive you will be enjoying an amazing road trip view where Tirshuli River adds an extra flavour.
Day 1 Arrival at Kathmandu
Welcome by our representative at Airport and transfer to the hotel and short briefing about the program. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2 Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour
Morning breakfast at the hotel and sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, Pashupatinath or Swyambhunath, Basantpur Durbar Square (which is called Hanuman Dhoka), Patan and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 3 Fly or Drive to Lumbini
After breakfast fly or drive to Lumbini from Kathmandu. (Option: Fly from Kathmandu to Bhairahawa which takes 35 minutes and drive to Lumbini from Bhairahawa which takes around 30 min to reach Lumbini. One can also drive to Lumbini almost 300 km from Kathmandu Valley. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 4 Lumbini tour
Full day sightseeing tour of Lumbini, visit Mayadevi Temple and tour surrounding areas of Lumbini Development Trust (LDT). The 3 square mile area of LDT includes Sacred Garden, Monastic Zone, and New Lumbini Village.
Day 5 Religious and Archeological sites of Kapilvastu
Drive to Religious and archaeological sites of Kapilavastu, visit religious and archaeological sites of Tilaurakot, Gotihawa, Kudan, Siddharthanagar, Niglihara, Sagarhawam Aurorakot. Tilaurakot is the ancient Kapilabastu – the capital of Shakya. Kudan was where Buddha was received by his father after his access to enlightenment. Gotihawa is the birthplace of Krakuchanda Buddha. Niglihawa is where Kanakmuni Buddha was born. Sagarhawa is the archaeological findings as “place of the Massacre of the Shakyas”.
Day 6 Fly or Drive back to Kathmandu
After breakfast drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 7 Final Departure
Departure after breakfast to your next destination.
- Airport pick & drop
- Accommodation in Kathmandu & Lumbini.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing and All Tours to Lumbini.
- Full board meal in Lumbini.
- Entrance & monument fees at various sightseeing places.
- Local English-speaking guide throughout the tour program.
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- Farewell dinner with Anu Treks in Typical Nepalese Restaurant.
- Nepal Visa fee
- International Airfare to & from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation if needed
- Travel & Rescue Insurance
Trip Duration: 7 Days
Activities: Pilgrimage /Buddhism, Village Tour
Transportation: Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle/Public Bus
Tour Grade: Easy/Leisure Holiday
Best Month: All Year round
Group Size: 1 to 12
Departure dates and itinerary arrangements can be custom-tailored to your needs, so please contact us with your inquiries regarding your tour departure date.
Why we love this trip
- Experience the historical and natural beauty Kathmandu in your style with a local guide. Our passionate leaders love this trio as much as you will.
- Enjoy plenty of time to discover the untamed natural beauty of road trip Lumbini. Stop by and walk around how adventuour roads are in Nepal.
- The Tirshuli river runs with you half a way through which might excite you to paddle for a white rafting for 2 days trip.
- Explore the birth place of Lord Buddha in Lumbini, local culture with an local expert guide.
Is this trio right for you?
- You will spend both days and nights on this trip sleeping in a hotel. While its all a part of nature, culture and religious, facilites can be customized as per your required.
- This trip does not require high level of fitness as it involves relax walking in a selected area.
- To reach the selected desnitaion you will spend several hours driving.
- Temperatures in Lumbini areas are hotter than Kathmandu in summer and colder in winter so please bring appropriate clothing according the season you choose to travel.
- We will recommened this trio fo all lever ages.