The Bhote Koshi is one of the main river branches of Sunkoshi river, which is only a couple of hours from Kathmandu.The Bhote Kosi is regarded as one of the best short whitewater rafting trips in the world which can be done in 2 days.The river is followed by the Araniko Highway from Kathmandu to Lhasa, so access and scouting are relatively easy.The upper valley above Barhabise is impressively narrow with steep hillsides shooting up over 2000 m from the river, and there are some dramatic and scenic gorges down at river level.This is an ideal trip for those wanting a short but intense and thrilling rafting trip. It is better suited to those who have some previous rafting experience.
An early morning departure is required to the ‘put in point’ which is 95 km. east of Kathmandu is the starting point Lomosangu- Dam of the trip. While we arrive in ‘put in point’, our river guide gives the safety briefing. We then put on and keep hold of essential equipment before we start the river trip. This is a spectacular drive through villages and if weather permits, you will have fantastic mountain views i.e. Ganesh Himal, Langtang etc, we paddle the first 10 km of the MOST exciting stretch of the river and then return to the start to play again the same stretch the next day rather than continue with only half a day paddling to the end. Drives back to our camp.
As we experience the real adventure of Bhote Koshi the next day, we will negotiate with grade III on the first day as an initiation exercise. On the first day, we will also have the opportunity to do some cliff jumping into the river
Day 2: After breakfast Dolalghat by paddling:
We enjoy breakfast at first and then make sure ourselves for the second day of adventure; we have lunch on the river, after lunch, we will continue to the last part of rafting before our return overland journey until the take our point Dolalghat bazaar about 2 to 3 pm and bus back to Kathmandu. You have the second chance to show how your rafting team can work well together in challenging rapids. Our trip is over here.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per the guests’ requirement
- All meals; Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rafting guide, rescue team and kitchen staff
- River Permit.
- Camping Gears; sleeping tents on twin sharing basis, toilet tent, and shower tent especially to change clothes. We provide single tents on request
- Kitchen things; a complete set of kitchen utensils, kitchen tents, fuel, gas lamp, etc.
- Transportation; a private tourist coach to the ‘put in point’ and back from the ‘take out point’
- All rafting equipment
- Safety Kayak.
- First aid kit box.
- Emergency evacuation assistance.
- Sleeping bag and comfortable mattresses
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral Water, Cold Drinks.
- Personal equipment
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during the whole trip.
- Insurance; life insurance, travel insurance, health insurance, medical insurance, loss or damage
- Expense of personal nature
- Any extra expenses of unavoidable circumstances; road obstacle, landslide, political unrest, sickness, etc., which are beyond our control
- Sleeping Bag.
- International airport picks up drop (if you order we can arrange).
|September – December||5-||Approx.100 – 50 cumecs|
|January – May||4+||Approx. 40 cumecs|
|June – August||Lower section only 4+||Approx 180 cumecs|
Why we love this rafting trip
- An excellent opportunity to stop in Dulikhel to admire the stunning views of the Himalayas
- The Bhote Kosi is regarded as one of the best short whitewater rafting trips in the world.
- It is the steepest river that is rafted in Nepal, with continuous rapid action making this river a full-on commitment and a huge adrenaline rush.
- An ideal trip for those wanting a short but intense and thrilling rafting trip.
Is this rafting trip right for you?
- It is better suited to those who have some previous rafting experience.
- This is a 2 days rapid action river fun, please ensure for your health fitness