4 days Lhasa tour will give you an impression of Lhasa, but we believe it is just the start of your Tibet journey. Lhasa is the administrative capital of Tibet Autonomous Region in the People’s Republic of China.
Lhasa is rightly one of the most featured and dreamt about cities in the world. This is not only because of its high altitude at 3,650 meters (11,975 feet) which means remoteness and limited accessibility but also because of its over 1,000 years’ cultural and spiritual history which leaves an impressive heritage that has helped to create the romantic and mysterious Tibetan religion.
Lhasa attractions offer the most popular Lhasa sightseeing. Must-have attractions in Lhasa travel include Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery, Norbulingka, Sera Monastery, Ramoche Temple, Jokhang Temple and so on. These Lhasa attractions would offer you a great chance to discover this Holy Land. Click for details about these Lhasa
Day 1: Fly to Lhasa airport and transfer 95 km to the hotel. It takes 2 hours on the way to Lhasa through the Yarlung Tsangpo and the Lhasa Kyichu River. O/n at yak Hotel or similar.
Day 2: Morning visit Potala palace, the seat of both religion and politics in Tibet. It was built in the 7th century by Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo and later renovated by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Afternoon visits Sera monastery 5 kilometers north of Lhasa city, It was built in 1419 by Jamchen Choeji, a disciple of Tsongkhapa,the founder of the Gelugpa sect. Sera is one of the three major monasteries of the yellow sect in Tibet. O/n at yak hotel or similar.
Day 3: Morning visit Drepung monastery, which is the largest Monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa, which was built in 1416 by Jamyang chojie a disciple of Tsongkhapa. Afternoon visit Jokhang Temple and Barkhor market, this is the holiest shrine in Tibet and houses of the golden statue of the Shakyamuni Buddha which was brought to Tibet by the Chinese princess Wencheng. O/n at the same hotel as above.
Day 4: Departure from Lhasa to airport and fly to your next destination.
- Private transportation by jeep/ van/ or coaster bus as per the group size
- Necessary Tibet travel permit
- English speaking Tibetan guide.
- Accommodation on twin sharing room basis.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary
- Daily breakfast.
- All applicable taxes and service charge
- Lunch and dinner
- Insurance of any kind.
- Any additional cost in case of natural calamities and unforeseen circumstance
- Personal expenses such as a drink, tips & etc.
- Sightseeing in Lhasa, including the Potala Palace, former home ( winter Palace) of the Dalai Lama.
- Panoramic Himalayan views and unrivaled views of the Himalayas
- Norbulinka Palace,Summer Palace of Dalai Lama.
- Visit Sera Monastery and Drepung Monastery.( Biggest Monastery)
- Sightseeing of Jokhang Temple & Barkhor Street.